Concert in Cuba dedicated to young people and resumption of classes

Concert in Cuba dedicated to young people and resumption of classes
Fecha de publicación: 
8 September 2022
Imagen principal: 

Havana, Sep 8 (Prensa Latina) Cuban artists will give a concert on September 9 at the steps of the University of Havana, and it will be dedicated to young people and the restart of the 2021-2022 school year, the Cubarte website reported.

The show, which will begin at 8:00 p.m., local time, will feature David Torrens, Ernesto Blanco, Grupo Karamba, Toques del Rio, Adrian Berazain, and JotaBarrios, among other soloists and groups.

The concert is organized by the Young Communist League (UJC) and the Musicuba Agency, attached to Empresa de Grabaciones y Ediciones Musicales (Egrem).

In spite of Cuba’s adverse economic situation, more than 1,697,000 general education students and around 280,000 university students returned to classes on Monday to resume the current school year.

According to Minister of Education Ena Elsa Velazquez, teaching coverage is 97 percent guaranteed with more than 253,000 teachers, while the remaining 3 percent will be assumed by hired personnel, members of the boards of directors and university students of the Educating for Love project.

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.